MICROPROSOPUS IN ESPECIAL, WITH CERTAIN DIGRESSIONS; AND CONCERNING THE
389. HEREUNTO have I propounded how one thing
agreeth with another; and I have expounded those things which have been
concealed in the most Holy Ancient One, the Concealed with all Concealments;
and how these are connected with those.
390. But now for a time I will discourse
concerning the requisite parts of Microprosopus; especially concerning those
which were not manifested in the Conclave of the Assembly, and which have been
concealed in mine heart, and have not been given forth in order therefrom.
397. Hereunto have I mystically and in a subtle
manner propounded all those matters. Blessed is his portion who entereth
therein and departeth therefrom, and (blessed the portion) of those who
shall be the heirs of that inheritance.
392. As it is written, Ps. cxliv. 15: "Blessed
are the people with whom it is so," &c.
393. Now these be the matters which we have
propounded. The Father 1 and the Mother 2
adhere unto the Ancient One, and also unto His conformation; since they depend
from the Hidden Brain, Concealed with all Concealments, and are connected
394. And although the Most Holy Ancient One
hath been conformed (as it were) alone (i.e., apparently apart from
all things at first sight); yet when all things are accurately inspected,
all things are HVA, Hoa, Himself, the Ancient One, alone.
395. Hoa is and Hoa shall be; and all those
cohere with Himself, are concealed in Himself,
and are not separated from Himself.
396. The Hidden Brain is not manifested, and (Microprosopus)
doth not depend immediately from it.
397. The Father and the Mother proceed from
this Brain, and depend from It, and are connected with It,
393. (Through Them) Microprosopus
dependeth from the Most Holy Ancient One, and is connected (with Him).
And these things have we already revealed in the Conclave of the Assembly.
399. Blessed is his portion who entereth
therein and departeth therefrom, and hath known the paths; so that he
declineth not unto the right hand, or unto the left.
400. But if any man entereth not therein and
departeth therefrom, better were it for that (man) that he had never
been born. For thus it is written, Hos. xiv., 10: "True are Thy ways, O
401. Rabbi Schimeon spake and said: Through the
whole day have I meditated on that saying where it is said, Ps. xxxiv. 2: "My
Nephesch 1 shall rejoice in Tetragrammaton, the
humble shall hear thereof and rejoice;" and now that whole text is confirmed (in
402. "My Nephesch shall rejoice in
Tetragrammaton." This is true, for my Neschamah is connected therewith,
radiateth therein, adhereth thereto, and is occupied thereabout, and in this
same occupation is exalted in its place.
403. "The humble shall hear thereof and
rejoice." All those just and blessed man who have come into communion with
God, the most Holy--blessed be He!--all hear and rejoice.
404. Ah I now is the Holy One confessed; and
therefore magnify Tetragrammaton with me, and let us exalt His Name together!"
405. Thus is it written, Gen. xxxvi. 31: "And
those are the kings who reigned in the land of Edom." And also it is written
thus, Ps. xlviii. 4: "Since, lo! the kings assembled, they passed away
406. "In the land of Edom." That is, "in the
place wherewith the judgments are connected."
407. "They passed away together." As it is
written, "And he died, and there reigned in his stead."
408. "They themselves beheld, so were they
astonished; they feared, and hasted away." Because they remained not in their
place, since the conformations of the King had not as yet been formed, and the
Holy City and its wall were not as yet prepared.
409. This is that which followeth in the text:
"As we have heard, so have we seen, in the city," &c. For all did not endure.
410. But She (the Bride) now subsisteth
beside the Male, with Whom She abideth.
411. This is that which is written, Gen. xxxvi.
39: "And Hadar reigned in his stead, and the name of his city was Pau, and the
name of his wife was Mehetabel, the daughter of Matred, the daughter of
412. Assuredly this have we before
explained in the Assembly. 1
413. Now, also, in the book of the teaching of
Rav Hamenuna the Elder it is said: "And Hadar reigned in his stead." The word
HDR, Hadar, is properly to be expounded according unto that which is
said, Lev. xxiii. 40: "The fruit of trees which are HDR, Hadar,
414. "And the name of his wife Mehetabel," as
it is written (in the text just cited), "branches of palm trees."
415. Also it is written, Ps. xcii. 3: "The just
man shall flourish as the palm tree." For this is of the male and female sex.
416. She is called "the daughter of Matred;"
the Daughter from that place wherein all things
are bound together, which is called AB, Father.
417. Also it is written, Job. xxviii. 13: "Man
knoweth not the price thereof, neither is it found in the land of the living."
418. She is the Daughter of Aima, the Mother;
from Whose side the judgments are applied which strive against all things.
419. The Daughter of Mizaheb because She hath
nourishment from the two Countenances (Chokmah and Binah, which are within
Kether); and shineth with two colours--namely from ChSD, Chesed,
Mercy; and from DIN, Din, Judgment.
420. For before the world was established
Countenance beheld not Countenance. 1
421. And therefore were the Prior Worlds
destroyed, for the Prior Worlds were formed without (equilibrated)
422. But these which existed not in
conformation are called vibrating flames and sparks, like as when the worker
in stone striketh sparks from the flint with his hammer, or as when the smith
smiteth the iron and dasheth forth sparks on every side.
423. And these sparks which fly forth flame and
scintillate, but shortly they are extinguished. And these are called the Prior
424. And therefore have they been destroyed,
and persist not, until the Most Holy Ancient One can be conformed, and the
workman can proceed unto His work.
425. And therefore have we related in our
discourse that that ray sendeth forth sparks upon sparks in three hundred and
426. And those sparks are called the Prior
Worlds, and suddenly they perished.
427. Then proceeded the workman unto His work,
and was conformed, namely as Male and Female.
428. And those sparks became extinct and died,
but now all things subsist.
429. From a Light-Bearer of insupportable
brightness proceeded a Radiating 1 Flame, dashing
off like a vast and mighty hammer those sparks which were the Prior Worlds.
430. And with most subtle ether were these
intermingled and bound mutually together, but only when they were conjoined
together, even the Great Father and Great Mother.
431. From Hoa, Himself, is AB, the
Father; and from Hoa, Himself, is Ruach, the Spirit; Who are hidden in
the Ancient of Days, and therein is that ether concealed.
432. And It was connected with a light-bearer,
which went forth from that Light-Bearer of insupportable brightness, which is
hidden in the Bosom of Aima, the Great Mother.
Introduction concerning the parts of the soul. Chiah, Neschamah, Ruach, and
"Greater Holy Assembly." ch. xlii. §§ 984-996; ch. xxvi. §§ 513-532.
"Book of Concealed Mystery." Ch. i. §§ 2, 3. 4, et. seq.
Chapter XI: Concerning the Brain of Microprosopus and its Connections